Our client is seeking a Senior SAS Developer. Your project focus will be developing new SAS procedures, scripts and macros to incorporate the new PLM data into the enterprise SAS data warehouse. You will utilize statistical knowledge, programming techniques, and workflow management skills in data management and analysis. Will collaborate with statistical and medical colleagues on decisions involving data collection methods, writing, and archival, as well as the application of appropriate statistical methods for the analysis under the direction of the statistical consultants.
Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom system software, and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software, as well as the configuration and support of hardware systems across the clinic. Candidate will work in conjunction with more senior technical staff, develops proposals that consider alternatives and business case, and gains needed institutional approvals. Provides technical and project leadership to other staff members, demonstrates initiative, and works independently as needed to accomplish responsibilities. Acts as a liaison to Client departments and vendors to adequately support the divisions computing systems. Tasks frequently involve using SAS and R as well as custom packages within the area of research focus for both data management and analysis. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
The studies supported by this group are drawn from the Division's four sections, ie, Cancer Center Statistics, Clinical Statistics, Computational Genomics, and Clinical Informatics Services.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree with a major in statistics.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to think logically and systematically to analyze and evaluate alternate solutions, is expected
- Strong organizational and documentation skills are essential along with the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines.
- Proven written and oral communication skills along with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment are also essential.
- Experience working in healthcare technology.
- strong SDLC process and toolset experience preferred
- Advanced programming.
- Data management and/or statistical analysis skills.
- Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications.
- Applies effective system design principles and software development methodologies.
- Clinical Trial reporting experience.
- Ability to connect different data sources (oracle, DB2, etc), mostly pulling data, querying and staging into tables.
- Midas is a plus.
- Experience with biological research, clinical trials, or pharmaceutical data a plus.
- Exposure and experience using SAS and R.
- Experience with Linux a strong plus.
- Agile experience a plus.
Teleworking may be available
Who We Are
We are a software company that strives to build relationships through the delivery of software and solutions. Agile software development is at the heart of "how we work", which allows us to bring people together for strong collaboration and problem solving.
What We Do
We provide enterprise-level agile coaching and development services. The Da Vinci Agile Coaching model is built on four pillars that ensure successful adoption and scale across an organization. The enterprise framework we have built supports this foundation through recognition of, and integration with, legacy processes.
We passionately believe "how we work" is the intangible our developers demonstrate for our clients every day. Our high-performing team members provide leadership and chemistry on your teams. We provide architects, developers and testers that enjoy accountability, team success and delivering meaningful products.